Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Tomorrow's the SAD day....

First off.................... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, tomorrow is my first day back to work and I am stressing. I do not want to go back for anything! It would be really nice if one of us won the lotto so I wouldn't have to go back. I'm not asking for a lot, just enough to pay everything off so I don't have to work. It really sucks. And because I have been stressing so much the last few days my milk supply isn't as full. Emma's first and last feedings of the day seem to make her full, she's still sleeping through the night and then after breakfast will sleep another few hours. But her feedings during the day are not making her full. She will eat on me for 20 minutes each side and still be hungry. So I have been giving her 2 ounces of formula if she acts hungry after nursing and that seems to make her full. It really sucks because it makes me feel like I can't provide for her and then I cry. Which I am sure doesn't help the situation. I might do 1/2 days for the first week or so. Just until I get used to it again. It seems like I haven't been there in forever but then again I feel like I am leaving Emma too soon.

Anyways, I will let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Kari said...

I hope your first day back wasn't too bad. :(

Stress can cause your milk supply to cut back...which in turn will stress you out more.

Try not to feel guilty. Formula is good for her too, and she's already had the best part of the breast milk. Try upping your fluid intake and drink lots of water! Try to track how much water you drink so that you know you are getting enough.
If she has to switch to formula, it's not anything you are doing wrong!! Believe that! It's TRUE.

I've heard many stories of people who's milk dries up after a few weeks/months, etc. Sometimes it happens. It doesn't mean it would happen with every baby, but it could with one and not another.

You are a GREAT mom!! And you are providing everything for her and setting a great foundation for her life.

Love ya!
Keep your head up, you're a strong woman and Emma is lucky to have you as her Mama!