Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, January 5, 2008

The First Day....

Well, i went to work for the first time on Wednesday. It was awful! I cried from the minute I woke up that morning until I picked her up at 12:15 that afternoon. She was fine and does well at the sitters but it was the worst feeling to have to leave your precious baby with someone you barely know just to go to work. Thursday was much better and Friday she was with my Mom so that was great. Monday I start full days, 7-3 so I am sure the first few weeks of that will be horrific! Emma seems to be okay with it though. Mothers should definitely not have to go back to work so soon and should definitely get full pay for the time they are out. The "disability check" was a joke. What can you do with $150 a week....... not much let my tell you.

Anyways, I am still trying to continue to breastfeed but she normally takes 2-4 oz. of formula after nursing on me. I only have 4oz of breast milk pumped and I am not sure how I am going to pump anymore. She has been taking 6 oz. at the sitters. I am thinking I might just send her to the sitters with formula and when she is with me I will try and nurse her. A women at my mom's work said to pump at work whenever it would be time for her to eat. I will ask them if I can but pumping takes and hour and I would have to pump twice so I am not sure they would go for that but I will ask. I think I am at the pint where if I have to go to just formula I will be ok with that..... Thanks to you Kari's inspirational and lifting comment! She has gotten just breast milk for the first 9 weeks of her life. I guess that's better then nothing. And I will do the same with the next baby, I will nurse until my milk supply declines.

Emma is still sleeping through the night. She has ever since 12/21/07. She laughs at you now, not out loud but almost. She finds it extremely funny when she poops and I call her a stinky girl. She's just growing so fast and she is just soo beautiful!

It just amazes me how one little girl can change your entire world in the blink of an eye. All at once you are not living for you anymore, you are living for them and what makes them happy and safe and secure. How all at once, you would do absolutely Anything for this wonderful little girl. How they grow and change every day and it sucks that you can't be with them 24/7. But somehow at 9 1/2 weeks old, they know who you are. And she is the definition of unconditional love.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Awww, I wish we lived closer! I would take Emma during the day for you :(


Those first laughs are just too cute! Isn't it great when they laugh but no sound comes out. SO funny.

It is truely amazing how much your heart grows. I mean you know it will and you love them from day one, but it just keeps growing and growing and it is just the most amazing thing in the world!

Love you guys!